Samatta operated, hopes quick recovery - HERRY LEO.COM

HERRYLEO.COM

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Samatta operated, hopes quick recovery



TAIFA Stars captain Mbwana Samatta who is nursing knee injury said he just had a successful surgery on Friday and is progressing well with medication.


The skipper who plays professional football with KRC Genk of Belgium sustained serious knee injury when his side was playing against Lokeren in Belgium’s top flight league match last Saturday. “I would like to let everyone know that my surgery went well and I am now on the road to recovery.

I would like to thank God, my medical team and my supporters. I have received many messages from all over the world and I am grateful to everyone for the kind words,” wrote Samatta on his twitter page.

Samatta’s injury was the main reason he failed to join his teammates in Benin for today’s FIFA international friendly encounter to be played in Cotonou. Initial reports indicated that Samatta will be out of action for about six months before he fully gets fit and resume his professional responsibilities.

Also missing in today’s Stars away match is Farrid Mussa who is undergoing treatment after picking up an injury while playing for his Third Division League Spanish side Club Deportivo Tenerife and it is not known for how long his injury will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment